Testosterone is a highly vital hormone in the body, which is responsible for male’s secondary sexual characteristics. Without the sufficient levels of testosterone in the body, you may be at risk of weakness, infertility, and unwanted weight gain. Most of the time, people who suffer from low Ts generally encounter changes in sexual function, emotional problems, alterations in sleep quality, and physical changes all at the same time.
In order to counteract the effects of low testosterone levels, there is nothing better than boosting the hormone’s production.
Here are a few ways to stimulate its buildup:
- Consume sufficient amount of healthy fats. Although unwanted fats may cause decline in testosterone, this does not mean that you have to get rid of all fats you take. As much as possible, you consume high amounts of monounsaturated fats in order to boost your testosterone production. Best sources of the healthy fats include nuts and fish.
- Get adequate sleep. You need to put your body at rest if you want to get rid of declining testosterone levels. Poor sleep leads to low testosterone. Moreover, inadequate amount of sleep leads to detrimental effects being delivered to chemicals and hormones in the body. According to experts, you should get at least seven to eight hours of sleep every night.
- Prevent crash diets. You necessarily have to trim your weight off, but this does not mean that you have to suffer from crash diets. It is best to slowly and properly cut off your calorie consumption. For instance, you can begin with 15% reduction in calorie intake for your first week of dieting. Moreover, keep your weight loss goals feasible. For instance, stick with a pound loss every week to improve your shape and diet. This will prevent interference with your activities every day.
- Get rid of stress. Stress is one of the top aggressors of testosterone production. If you want to get rid of stress, take a break once in a while and learn meditation techniques if possible. Cortisol hormone, which is also known as stress hormone, can suppress the normal levels of testosterone in the body.
- Exercise regularly. Besides correcting your diet, you also have to stay active. You don’t necessarily have to commit to strenuous activities. Instead, you may try out minor exercises, such as 20-minute daily walk and strength building exercises. You can try out several sessions of weight training every week. If you do not want to injure yourself, it is best to work with a trainer.
- Trim your waistline. According to experts, as your waistline increases, level of testosterone declines. In such case, it is a trick to get rid of your excess abdominal fats in order to accelerate your T production.
The natural solutions above are what you need in order to enhance the levels of testosterone in your body. Stick to the regimens and you will surely attain optimum changes with your testosterone level and general hormonal balance. They will not just optimize your T levels, but also promote overall health support.