Table of Contents
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
- How Does an Erection Occur?
- Physical Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Other Possible Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
- Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosis
- Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Prevention of Erectile Dysfunction
- Top Erectile Dysfunction Pills
Sexual dysfunction can take in many forms. In males, the most common form of sexual dysfunction is erectile dysfunction. Most males suffer from difficulty of achieving and maintaining their erections during intercourse. As a result, they tend to delay the sexual excitement, which later on results to dissatisfaction of their partners.
Though there are many factors that lead to erectile dysfunction, there are also solutions that you may use to counter it. To address your current sexual dysfunction, it is best to understand the nature of erectile dysfunction before proceeding to its treatment.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a common sexual dysfunction issue, which is characterized by trouble in achieving or maintaining an erection. According to studies, the problem will become more common as you get old. However, take note that erectile dysfunction is not part of natural aging process your body undergoes. Furthermore, be reminded that erectile dysfunction is not a disease itself, but a symptom of a particular health problem. In other words, it is best to consult your doctor upon noticing your erectile dysfunction so that your underlying health issue will be treated as soon as possible.
How Does an Erection Occur?
To further understand erectile dysfunction, you also have to be aware of how an erection occurs. In a complex sense, you have to know that erection does not only focus on physical stimulation itself. Instead, it also associates peripheral nervous system, local factors, psychological aspects, and even blood circulation components among others.
Basically, an erection is triggered once your body responds to visual, touch, auditory, or smell stimuli. This response is directed to your brain. The processed data from the brain will then travel to your spine’s base, which is where your nerve fibers are found. The fibers are connected to your manhood, which will also initiate blood flow that is essential in an erection.
The chemical release from your nerve endings is due to sexual stimulation. Muscle relaxation is also involved in erection, which causes dramatic increase in blood flow into your penis. Moreover, as your erection bodies become bigger, compression and closure of venous drainage channels will take place.
In relation to the facts given, erectile dysfunction will occur if any of the processes is disrupted. It is either you suffer from erectile dysfunction due to disruption of physical processes or psychological mechanisms.
Physical Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Studies revealed that erectile dysfunction often stems out of physical causes. The most common factors relating to erection difficulty are the following:
- Low testosterone levels
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Peyronie’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Apart from physical causes of erectile dysfunction, you also have to take regard of disrupted psychological processes that lead to the sexual issue. Listed below are few of psychological causes that lead to erection problems:
- Personal problems
Other Possible Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Besides the fact erectile dysfunction roots from either physical or psychological causes, you may also consider other factors causing the sexual issue.
Primarily, medications that you currently take may have caused your erectile dysfunction. Common medications that lead to erectile dysfunction are the following:
- Prostate cancer medications (Avodart, Zoladex, Lupron)
- Cholesterol-lowering medications
- Antiulcer drugs
- High blood pressure medications
Take note that even illegal drugs can cause erectile dysfunction, such as cocaine and marijuana.
Moreover, erectile dysfunction may stem out of procedures that have altered the normal functions of arteries and nerves near your manhood. A few below are surgical causes of erectile dysfunction:
- Prostate cryosurgery
- Aortofemoral bypass
- Radiation therapy
Lastly, there are penile injuries or traumatic incidents that may have led to your erectile dysfunction. First, you have to consider here your current curved penis problem. The problem, which is known as Peyronie’s disease, usually causes scar tissue formation that inhibits normal erections. Moreover, too much pressure applied on your perineum, which is found between your scrotum and anus, may cause the sexual dysfunction. It is best to prevent long period of bicycle riding to inhibit the traumatic cause.
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
Erectile dysfunction has major symptoms, which include the following:
- Difficulty in achieving an erection
- Difficulty in maintaining an erection
- Low sexual desire
If you happen to experience the given symptoms, it is best to consult your doctor right away. Your physician will conduct necessary examinations or assessment of your health problem to link a certain cause to your problem. Moreover, he or she will help you find out what underlying health problem you are suffering from.
Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosis
As advised, there is nothing better than visiting your doctor in order to diagnose your erectile dysfunction. If you are reluctant to do this, just think of the possible consequences if you will not mitigate your underlying condition causing your sexual dysfunction.
Full Interview Phase
Your doctor is expected to conduct an interview first regarding your medical history and current condition. This will help him or her assess what type of tests will best suit your diagnosis. Be reminded that the questions may concern your private or sexual life. You should not worry for your physician will certainly will be caring in asking questions about the subject matter. Given below are possible topics to be covered during the interview:
- Erection condition during intercourse
- Medications you have taken in the past and you currently take
- Vices you commit into (smoking, drinking, and taking drugs)
- Depression signs that affect your sexual relations
- Current state of your sexual relationship
Physical Examination Phase
After your doctor gets the needed information from you through the interview, he or she will require a physical examination for further assessment of your condition. Apparently, your doctor will focus on your genitals. However, take note that he or she will also take regard of your urinary, nervous, and vascular systems. Even your blood pressure will be checked. There are recent studies today that link erectile dysfunction to high blood pressure.
The physical examination will give way to the clarification of the facts he or she extracted from you during the interview. Moreover, determination of underlying condition that causes your erectile dysfunction will also occur. It is probable that your doctor may detect vascular disease, blood pressure issue, diabetes, or testicular disorders among others.
Laboratory Testing Phase
Doctors require laboratory testing for some patients. The examinations may involve the following:
- Testosterone or male hormone evaluation
- Blood examination
Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Your habits are possibly contributive to your existing sexual dysfunction. Given below are lifestyle changes that will help counter your difficulty in achieving or maintaining an erection:
- Quit smoking. You should get rid of smoking, which is a cause of tons of disorders in the body. There are people who can quit smoking easily, but if you find it difficult to do so, you may get help from smoking cessation program.
- Get rid of stress. Stress is common, but is also designed to cause havoc in your health. If you will keep on letting stress get in your way, you will suffer more sexual dysfunction issues. Instead of letting stress eat your every day, learn to relax, keep a positive attitude, and never let yourself be consumed by problems.
- Exercise regularly. Incorporate a regular routine of exercises to your daily activities. Exercise will not just improve your erectile function, but also give you other health benefits, such as high energy levels, strengthened heart, improved sleeping pattern, strengthened bones, and better weight management.
Foods for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
The foods you eat contribute in your general sexual health. To keep your sexual wellbeing maintained, make it probable to consume the following commodities regularly:
- Green vegetables. One of the best green veggies you should consume is spinach. Spinach is rich in magnesium, which dilates blood vessels effectively. In other words, you will achieve better blood flow. Other green veggies you can eat are Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, kale, and Swiss chard among others.
- Peaches are rich in vitamin C and other nutrients, which can improve sperm quality and count. If you want alternatives to peaches, you may consume grapefruit, oranges, and watermelon.
- Juice coming from the fruit is rich in antioxidants, which will deliver numerous benefits to your body. Besides reducing blood disorders, the solution is found to be helpful in fighting away erectile dysfunction, which is proven by a 2007 study published based on a small-scale research on correlation between pomegranate juice and ED.
Herbs for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Herbs also help in erectile dysfunction treatment. A few of the best herbs you should add to your diet are the following:
- Panax ginseng. The natural, which is also known as Korean red ginseng, is efficient in treating erectile dysfunction. It is safe treatment only if you use it for a short time. Clinical studies proved that it can promote nitric oxide synthesis, which is vital in normal erectile function. Besides, a 2002 study concerning 45 erectile dysfunction patients indicated that the herb promoted enhanced rigidity of penile head.
- Horny goat weed. The natural has been added to various formulations of erectile dysfunction supplements today. This is brought by the herb’s purported properties, including its icariin, which can work like Viagra.
- Pinus pinaster. The herb, which is from pine tree bark, is found effective in treating erectile dysfunction. It works within several months. However, it is not advised if you are currently taking immunosuppressant.
Prevention of Erectile Dysfunction
Although there are numerous ways of treating erectile dysfunction, you also have to consider learning how to prevent the issue. By doing so, you will be able to eliminate tedious doctor visits and commitment to lifestyle changes for recovery.
Given below are preventive measures for erectile dysfunction:
- Get healthy. You need to do this as much as possible. Lose weight if you must and quit your beloved vices. It is best to maintain a balanced diet once you recovered from your previous ED. If you can, you should commit into physical activities that will normalize your stress levels, blood flow, and mood conditions.
- Prevent diabetic conditions. A risk factor that leads to erectile dysfunction is diabetes. Abnormal blood sugar levels result to blood vessels damage. Consequently, the disruption will cause erectile dysfunction.
- Avoid performance anxiety. Sometimes, ED is not all about physical issues, but about how you think about your sexual performance. You may consult a sexual health expert to counter your anxiety over your performance in bed.
Top Erectile Dysfunction Pills
Best Prescription ED Solutions
- The medication is usually prescribed to help males achieve erections. It works longer than Viagra. Levitra promises to provide results that last for about five hours.
- Viagra has always been among the best drugs to promote better erectile function. It takes effect in about half an hour and delivers results that can last up to four hours.
- The drug is known for its quick-acting mechanism within 15 minutes. It can promote better sexual function of up to 36 hours.
- The tablet has the same composition found in Levitra, but is inferior in quality compared to the mentioned drug.
- The product works in as short as 15 minutes and promotes better sexual function in up to six hours.
Best Natural ED Solutions
- The natural supplement aims to provide superior sexual performance in men. It targets weak organ, erections, and sex libido in males. Furthermore, LastimateX is designed to counter premature ejaculation and less intense orgasms in males. The product is powered by a series of naturals, which are powered by both vitamins and herbs. Few of its top agents are horny goat, vitamin E, inosine, hawthorn, vitamin B3, oat straw, and cayenne among others. The supplement also claims to provide as much as 2.6-inch improvement in penis size apart from the positive effects it brings to a man’s erections, sexual desire, and orgasm.
- VigRX Plus. The long-standing and doctor-recommended product promises to give you better erections and increased sexual stamina. It has been studied by experts and results showed that it can improve erections, sexual desire, and orgasms all at the same time. The effectiveness of VigRX Plus is credited to its complex out of more than a decade of painstaking research on male enhancement. Few of the active compounds in the formula are damiana, bioperine, and epimedium.
- ProSolution Pills. ProSolution Pills is another natural erectile dysfunction supplement that guarantees superior performance in bed. It targets weak erections and makes them longer-lasting, bigger, and harder. Other than that, ProSolution Pills assures to prepare you physically and mentally for an unprecedented sexual performance. The product now features its new formulation improved by solidilin, Korean ginseng, butea superba, drilizen, curculigo, and cordycyps.
Your choice of supplements depends on your preferences. Relatively, there are men who wholeheartedly trust prescribed medications, while others prefer herbal and traditional complexes for they claim the remedies much safer.